The crew at PBM Coaching (including my coach, Kurt Perham) hosted a “Breaking Barriers” training camp in Tucson, AZ this March. It was full of pain, sweat, laughter, sunburn, Whole Foods trips, pizza eating, Peeps, Skittles, broken chairs, new friendships, super negative TSB values, and a whole lot of bitching from Joe.
The rules of tri camp were simple:
- No bitching.
- Thou shall not eat.
- Give maximal effort.
- No puckering.
- Get as close to hell as possible.
Note: All of these rules directly correlate with each other.
My 9-day training block:
- Day 1
- Track workout (5 mi)
- Day 2
- 4,000 yard swim at YMCA (40×100 on 1:30)
- 70 mile ride (Gates Pass) – 2800 feet climbing
- ROTB – 2 mi easy
- Day 3
- Mt Lemmon to Cookie Cabin – 74 miles, 7,700 feet climbing
- 10 minute easy ROTB
- Day 4
- 13 miles Sabino Canyon trail run
- 4,900 yard swim at University of Arizona
- Day 5
- 23 mile recovery ride to Le Buzz
- 1,800 yard swim
- Day 6
- Long bike – Kitt Peak, 104 miles, 5,700 feet climbing
- Day 7
- 7 mile interval run along bike path
- 2,600 yard swim at YMCA
- 8 mile easy trail run/walk to Seven Falls
- Day 8
- Mt Lemmon to observatory – 67 miles, 7,900 feet climbing
- Day 9
- Easy 3 mile shake out jog with Tread
- Swim – 13,300 yards
- Bike – 338 miles, 25,485 feet climbing
- Run – 40 miles
Thanks to all for a fun camp :
- Kurt – Thanks for everything, we ALL appreciated your support on this trip.
- Andrew – You win the maximal effort award.
- Amber – Eat a bag of *****!
- Alycia – You have a very dry sense of humor.
- Joe – Shut up!!!
- Sarah – I still get flashbacks of you wearing that mask in the front yard… gives me nightmares.
- Reggie – Great seeing you again!
- Tread – Thanks for the company (and sushi) in Phoenix!
- Leslie – Your food/cooking is amazing! See you in Whistler.
- Kim & Bill – Great to meet you!
- Fred & George – Ride on!
- Chris – Clean your house dude.
ENJOY THE VIDEO!